WPBA San Diego Classic 2009, Photo by Anne Craig

Saturday, March 6, 2010

On the Spot with Kimberly Kirk

On the Spot Question: What is your most memorable experience in either a pool room or at a tournament?

Kimberly Kirk Answer: 1995, somewhere in Texas at my second WPBA Amateur Nationals. I made it to the final and was playing that race to 11 against June Walters. I was down 8-2, and it wasn't the first time that I had to bear down, but I vividly remember thinking to myself, "No matter what I do, I'm not going to quit." I ended up winning that match 11-9 for my 2nd WPBA Amateur National Title.

Kimberly would go on to win a 3rd WPBA Amateur National Title in 1997. (2 other titles were won in 1993 and 1995.) Kimberly will be joining the Northwest Women's Pool Association (NWPA) this year, so look out for more stellar performances from this lady in the near future.

1 comment:

  1. If you hadn't heard, Kimberly Kirk won the Western BCA Master Women's Single Event shortly after this post...

    ReplyDelete