WPBA San Diego Classic 2009, Photo by Anne Craig

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Realistic Expectations

NWPA Tour Stop #3 was last weekend and I was rather underwhelmed by my Sunday performance, out in 2, after playing great on Saturday to make it to the A side final four.  I am amazed at my inconsistency and I was rather upset with myself, but then I stepped back and realized that honestly, I have not been practicing.  I am not quite sure why I expect more when what I am putting in is not up to snuff, so to speak.  There are so many players that are putting more into improving their games and I really need to figure out a way to do the same :), especially if I want to have a shot at winning more of these events.

I haven't won a NWPA tournament since 2009 and I would really like to see myself in the winner's circle on tour... (I have had a few top 3 finishes.) With the likes of Jana Montour, Kim Jones, and Liz Cole dominating all of the events, I am in a tough field.  I did improve from my first two events (T7/8 in both) to a T5/6 result.  I have been super busy at work, so am hoping that once my current deadline is met that I will be able to get reacquainted with practice sessions.  I am going to start learning how to play One Pocket, so expect to see some posts regarding my journey in that respect.  Gotta run, take care, and I will be back soon.

1 comment:

  1. http://www.ustream.tv/channel/herman-university-show - Bonus Ball - play this game get aheads start on compettion - Pro League is very close to launching in Vegas the studio is being built right now maybe a month away only.

    ReplyDelete